Attending Group 2022
Conference Location: Sanibel Island
Make Your Hotel Reservations
The conference hotel is the Sundial Resort on Sanibel Island, FL. Sanibel Island lies off the southwest coast of Florida near the city of Fort Myers. This resort offers a mile of beach, twelve tennis courts, five heated pools, three restaurants, pool side bar and grill, Deli/sundry store, tennis pro shop/boutique, and on-site rentals of bicycles, jogging strollers, catamarans, sea kayaks and boogie boards.
1451 Middle Gulf Drive
Sanibel, FL 33957-6518
Telephone: +1 239 472 4151
Visit the Resort's Website
Arrange Your Air Travel
The Southwest Florida International airport (RSW) is in Fort Myers, FL. The conference is held on Sanibel Island, 25 miles (40 km) west of Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW).
Plan Your Ground Travel
Plan on travel time of 45-60 minutes from the airport. There are no direct transit solutions from the airport, but good options include:
- Car rental - Most national, state, and regional rental car companies operate out of RSW with desks a short walk from the main terminal. The Sanibel causeway has a $6 toll for island-bound traffic.
- Taxi - MBA (mbaairport.com) is the sole taxi provider for RSW. The fixed rate for one-way taxi service to the Sundial is ~$60 for 1-3 passengers. (We're in zone 6 on the fare chart: flylcpa.com/taxirates)
- Shuttle - There are many small shuttle service operators (flylcpa.com/othertrans) that include Sanibel in their service area. Many Group participants have been particularly pleased with Select Transportation over the years (flselecttrans.com).
FOOD & DRINKS
- Doc Ford's Sanibel Rum Bar & Grille
- RC Otter's Island Eats
- Blue Giraffe Island Dining
- Sanibel Cafe
- The Lazy Flamingo restaurants
- Other Recommendations